Monday, July 29, 2013

A New Gluten Free Expereince

As I shared in my last post, I attended another gluten-free group meeting. This meeting featured a speaker from a local company that makes gluten free flour blends. We tried food items from the pizza blend and the pastry blend.

From the Pizza Blend we tried:
Pizza
Flatbreads
Biscuits

From the Party Blend we tried:
Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Roll Cake (like pictured below)
Donuts

Here is a link to the recipes page on the AgVantage Natruals website (the name of the company). There are more recipes there than what we tried, but the products were all great.
Image source: http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/2009/06/28/cinnamon-roll-cake/

My favorites were the cinnamon roll cake and the donuts, but I really like my sweets! It was very helpful to learn about the combinations of flours and gums used in baking different types of products. If you would like any of the additional recipes I mentioned, just comment with an email address!

I had never thought of a career in the gluten-free baking industry, but it sure sounds like I will have to keep my ears open!

No comments:

Post a Comment