Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Healthier Sweet Treat

I have a confession...I have a major sweet tooth! It began when I was younger and became worse when I was in middle school and playing sports! 

Recently, I have started paying more attention to the amount of sugar I am consuming. I have never really liked yogurt, but know it is a healthier sweet/desert option. One day at the grocery store, I picked up a new kind of Greek yogurt to try. I picked it because it was coffee and dark chocolate flavor and I knew the protein would help me feel full!

To my surprise, I really liked the flavor. The type of yogurt is pictured below. The particular flavor that I tried is 100 calories and has 12 grams of sugar, 8 grams of protein and only 1 gram of fat. 
http://www.dairyfoods.com/ext/resources/Food-Photos/Cultured_Dairy/Chobani-bite-300.jpg

This has been my new sweet treat for the past couple of months and is far healthier than a brownie, cookie or slice of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment