Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Loving the Pizza Pie...College Style

Pizza has always been one of my favorite foods. But it has recently taken on a whole new meaning, of cheap and convenient meals. My version of pizza is also fairly healthy (depending on which vegetables are handy). I start with a tortilla for the crust: it can be flavored, regular or even whole wheat. Then comes the sauce. I prefer a little ranch dressing, but pizza sauce, Italian dressing and salsa also work great. From there you can be creative or just use any vegetables and meat you have.

Things I've used:
  • Tomoato
  • Zucchini
  • Red Pepper
  • Ham
  • Chicken
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Corn
  • Black Beans
  • Mozzarella Cheese
I just cook my pizza on a cast-iron griddle, but that's what we have. Anything that heats the pizza through and metls the cheese will work. 

I usually pair my pizza with a salad or fruit, and sometimes there's a baked treat like a brownie! I have a major sweet tooth!

These types of pizzas are great for college students and anyone that wants a quick, easy and fairly inexpensive meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment